One of the most crucial gear without which medical professionals just cannot do are medical gloves like matig gloves. Using gloves in the healthcare setting can reduce hand-contamination by almost 80 percent.
Naturally, these gloves are indispensable items in the medical field. They prevent the spread of infection and cross-contamination among the patients and healthcare professionals to a great extent. For this reason, it is vital for the users to make sure that habits don’t interfere with the performance of the gloves.
There can be several hindrances to achieving the best performance from medical gloves starting from choosing the wrong size and type to poor quality and personal habits. Here are some of the most essential factors that the glove-users should pay attention to and follow in the medical field.
- Selecting the Glove Size –Medical gloves that are too large can lead to a loss in the grip and sensitivity of your hands, on the other hand, medical gloves that are too small can result in tiring the hands. Gloves should possess the right width, length, thumb positioning and finger contour for properly fitting the hands.
- Choosing the Material – You should ensure that you know the base material of the glove prior to purchasing and donning it. At the time of selecting the gloves you must read the manufacturer’s testing and labelling information. It is not reliable to solely depend on the colour of the gloves to decide if they are appropriate for the task at hand.
- Donning the Gloves – One advice while donning the gloves is to dry hands completely prior to slipping the hands into the gloves. You should also avoid stretching the gloves at the time of wearing as this can result in puncturing and ripping.
- Storage –Keep it in mind that medical gloves can be affected by moisture, light, heat and various other electrical equipment. That is why, the gloves must be stored in dry and cool places away from electrical equipment and sunlight to avoid degradation.
- Length of the Gloves – Medical gloves are more likely to rip and tear the longer they are put on. Changing the gloves during the prolonged, severe and critical procedures can assist in reducing contamination of the bacteria.
- Hand Washing –For healthcare workers, hand washing is almost an imperative. For minimising dermatitis that can be caused by going for frequent hand washing you must use lukewarm water as well as mild soaps. You should also make sure that your hands are thoroughly washed and dried prior to donning the gloves.
- Skin Condition – In the healthcare environment, healthy and unbroken skin is a must for decreasing cross-contamination. You must go for gloves that do not produce allergic reactions and skin contamination. You should always avoid direct contact with chemicals that are strong. That is why you should use mild soaps and lotions that also reduce the chances of dermatitis. The open cracks and sores serve as entry routes for bacteria and infections to enter your body.
The above are some of the factors that affect the performance of medical gloves and so you should be careful with these. Apart from that, one more thing that you should consider in this case and that is to prefer medical equipment online purchase from a reputed online store for the gloves so that you get quality products and true value for your money.