So, you’ve finally done it. You’ve become a first-time caravan owner after having searched long and hard in several caravan sales and you’re excited to get road tripping. One thing that you may consider as a new caravan owner is if you should join a caravan club. It sounds like it could be interesting but is it worth your time and money?
Following are some reasons why joining a caravan club could be beneficial for you:
- If you join the right club, you can expect to receive great amenities and comfort for a fair price. This means that you if you choose wisely, you may find yourself being able to stay the night at some of the best campgrounds around. Your membership to the club allows you a great discount much of the time in these spots which means that you can perhaps save money by joining a club.
- You can save money on services that you would otherwise have to pay full-cost for at campgrounds. If you like to travel in style and enjoy the best that can be offered, you’ll want to check out what kinds of discounts are offered in different caravan clubs. Discounts on tours or luxury amenities mean that you can enjoy pricey experiences for a fraction of the cost.
- You will be able to attend fun events where you can meet other caravan owners and get some great advice from them. Whether they can provide you with tips for future shopping at caravan sales or share ideas for budget traveling, you can learn a lot from more experienced caravan-fanatics and make new friends.
- Much of the time, the camp sites offered in club memberships are conveniently located. They are typically near popular destinations which means that you will find it easy to stay near your favorite spots. Also, camp sites that are a part of clubs are usually cleaner and better kempt than those which are not.
- You may be able to get great insurance through certain clubs, but it’s a matter of doing your research beforehand. This could also mean that you’re spending more money on the membership, so do your research.
- If you are often on the road and travel with your children, being a part of a club can help you to provide your kids with the opportunity to get to know other kids. It also gives you the chance to bond with like-minded families who may love the family road-trip lifestyle.
- Some club memberships offer international opportunities should you want to rent a motorhome while visiting another country. This is usually costlier but definitely worth it if you plan on traveling and road tripping abroad in the future.
- If you plan on road tripping for years to come, joining a club can help to ensure that you’re always connected with the caravan community.
- You can even get roadside assistance from some clubs which is a big benefit. You may not want to need it, but it will be great to have it should you require assistance.
Tips on Choosing the Right Club
Picking a random club won’t work out that great for you, if you don’t do any research. Before making a decision on a caravan club, you want to be sure to discover several things, such as:
- Do they have amenities that other clubs don’t? Some memberships include sites with golf clubs and other luxury amenities. Most of them offer discounts on these amenities, so before signing, be sure that the memberships include the things that you want.
- Read the fine print. You may find a membership club that seems to offer a lot for a relatively fair price. Before you jump on it, make sure to read up on it to discover if they offer these benefits to all members or only to those who pay more.
- Does the club organize events and activities? If you plan on traveling for a while, you may like one that does. It will help to break up the monotony that sometimes from being on the road for a while. Also, if you have kids, this may be an attractive option for you.
- Is it worth the cost? Some clubs offer huge discounts on nights at camp sites, yet some don’t offer the best return. Joining a club should be something that gives back to you, so determine if the ROI is worth it for you.
If you’re looking for a caravan club after having bought your first camper from local caravan sales, you could be making a great decision. There are many benefits to being a part of a caravan club or membership, just make sure to take your time when choosing one. You want to be sure that you get benefits for what you’re paying, so find the one that offers the best for you and your needs.