According to Norco Ranch, eggs constitute the main element of every non veg meal because of the flavor they add to the recipes. So here are two more different types of egg recipes:
Mocha Meringue (serves 6 and will take 40 mins to cook and 50 mins to get ready to serve)
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee granules
Method of preparation:
- Crack the eggs and beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar in a mixer at high speeds until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, cocoa, vanilla and coffee granules in it.
- Spoon up the mixture onto a aluminium foil lined baking tray in 12 mounds (they should be about 2 inches apart from each other).
- Bake at 40 minutes at 120 C until firm. Then turn off oven and let the meringues cool in oven for 1 hour.
Now that we have a dessert ready, lets quickly cook up some a main dish:
Gefullt Krautroladen (stuffed Cabbage Rolls, serves 6)
- 1 1/2 cup of brown Rice.
- 3 cup of water.
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Dillseed.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Marjoram.
- 3/4 teaspoon of Pepper.
- 2 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- 5 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika.
- 2 minced garlic cloves.
- 2 eggs beaten.
- 1/2 cup of freshly minced parsley.
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- 2 1/2 cabbage
- 1/2 cup of dry vermouth.
- 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- 2 tins of tomato paste.
- 2 1/2 canned copped tomatoes.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Cheesecloth of about 6 feet.
Method of preparation:
- Norco Ranch recommends to take a medium bowl and pour the brown rice in with hot water and soak for 3 hours.
- Then drain it.
- In a saucepan add in 3 cups of water and 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt with the rice.
- Cover the simmering saucepan for 40 mins.
- Now add marjoram, dillseed and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take a large skillet, add in 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil and saute 1 1/2 cups of chopped onions until soft.
- Add in the paprika and garlic and continue stirring for 2 mins.
- Add in the rice mixture with bread crumbs, eggs and parsley.
- Take a large pot, and blanch the cabbage in the salted cooking water for about 5 mins.
- Remove 12 leaves and then cut off one fourth of each leaf from the base.
- Take 1 leaf curved down on a square of dampened cheese cloth and place 3 tablespoons of the rice mixture. Wrap up the leaf around the filling and twist the corners of the cheesecloth to roll the leaf.
- Take the remaining cabbage and saute it in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil with chopped onions in a large frying pan.
- Add in vermouth, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer the whole mixture for 5 mins while stirring occasionally.
- Then take the cabbage tomato mix to a large baking dish and arrange this rolls close together in one layer on the sauce.
- Bake the whole thing on 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Baste the rolls for 4 to 5 hours during cooking.
- Cool and cover the dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat it up in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour before serving it up.
So serve up both the main dish and the dessert to enjoy a small gathering with your friends.