The Sikkim is situated in India’s North-East region. The eastern mountain range of Himalaya comprises most of its stretch. This environment-friendly Indian state measures 112 km in length and 64 km in width. Sikkim has a lot to offer to the sightseers in terms of natural beauty, pilgrimage places,and adventure sports, suited to all kind of tourists. It fascinates thousands of tourists from different corners, as Sikkim has a unique flavor for everyone. Get excellent well designed Sikkim tour packages to get a view of this dreamland.
Fascinating Mountain Ranges
Five diverse mountains are positioned at the western Sikkim forming the natural barrier. At 27,803 feet high the Mt. Kanchenjunga is the third uppermost mountain in this world. The sunlight dyes this snow-covered mountain in a plethora of colors all day long.It even dazzles with the perfect silvery luster at full moon nights. A number of tourists visit Sikkim to witness the astounding beauty of Kanchenjunga.
The tourists need the authorization of the Home Department for Alpine Expedition to scale the heights of the mountains in Sikkim.
A Roller Coaster Ride of Adrenaline
Sikkim is well enabled to quench the longing of thrill seekers with a number of adventurous activities.
- The rugged paths of Himalayan terrain can test even the most experienced trekkers; however, the beauty of the surrounding can keep them fascinated on their journeys.
- The Teesta River is the lifeline of Sikkim. She gives tourists a taste of adventure when they row through the raging current ssprinkled with boulders.
- The Yak riding is an exceptional adventure sport in Sikkim which can be enjoyed near the Tsomgo Lake.
- The ‘Cable Car’ ride in Gangtok gives tourists a view from the top of the entire Sikkim. The uppermost station of this is at Tashiling, and the lowest terminal is at Deorali Market. The joyful ride starts from 8 a.m. every morning and lasts till 4:30 p.m. every afternoon. It is something which will be a loss if missed.
- The tourists can even try paragliding to bring some more excitement into their journeys.
- They may even enjoy a breezy ride down the serpentine roads on a mountain bike from the Gangtok to Rangpo.
The tourists can visit the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology in Gangtok to gain knowledge about the originality of Tibetian cultures.
The colorful birds at the Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary in Kewzing are sure to mesmerize the tourists.
The Rumtek Monastery is another place to visit when staying in Gangtok.
Lodging and Food
There is no lack of traditional hotels, extra vagantresorts or budget hotels in Sikkim.A tourist can choose the housing according to his/her budget permit.
There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the care of home in home-stays. It is a wonderful chance to taste the local cuisine with warm home-cooked meals.
Ticket to Dreamland
Air:The Bagdogra Airport is 124 kilometers away from Sikkim.
Train:The New Jalpaiguri station of Siliguri is 148 kilometers away from Sikkim.
Road:The tourists can reach Gangtok from the railway station or airport via pre-booked cars.
The tourists can have personalized Sikkim tour packages with the help of experts.