Around the country, some people who wish for some steady work choose to become a taxi driver, because the hours are normally flexible, and the pay can be worthwhile for employment which needs little or no formal scholarship.
There are various kinds of paid drivers, with taxi drivers commonly being seen at the lower end, even though that is not the case in larger cities.
Working for a Business
Those out there who wish to drive for a taxi service, can simply apply for a driving job with any available company. Most of them provide some training, which will include route learning for a specific area, and they may even help in getting a license if necessary.
- A good wage can be had working for a taxi company, and you will be provided help in obtaining fares, plus have the cost of your taxi already paid for.
Going it By Yourself
There’s also the other choice of being an independent taxi driver, and it is possible to hire a top quality taxi from trustworthy professionals such as PCO hire vehicles in London for a set weekly or monthly fee.
Knowing the Way
The most successful taxi drivers know all of the best city routes, and are confident to take a fare from A to B by the best and quickest way.
- Before taking the leap at being a driver, you should definitely think about it, as taxi drivers are behind the wheel for a lot of the day and night.
You might have to drive your car in bad weather and the busiest of traffic. You will occasionally experience people who are in a hurry and not caring what it’s like outside on the road.
- Saying that, if you like driving a car, have no problem being close to strangers, and can drive and listen to many different yarns from a wide range of folk, then you are perfectly suitable to be a taxi driver!
A word of caution is to never forget that you will have cash on you, (or at least you are perceived to), and will be driving alone (especially at night), and so you may be viewed as an easy target.
- But, recently there are more security features fitted into place, including CCTV and GPS units on a lot of taxis.
To be a London taxi driver, you must have a clean driving record, and be at least 21 years of age. A CRB check will also be undertaken and you will need a clean bill of health.
Reliable Car Hire Services
If seeking a car for the Uber taxi work, try looking online for a service which perfectly suits all of your needs.
You should look for one which:
- Provides cameras for safety
- A fully comprehensive insurance cover
- Vehicles which are fully serviced and with trustworthy breakdown cover
And finally may your fares be plenty!