The modestand hardworking washing machine is an appliance which we all take for granted, but make good use of on anoften daily basis. And yet, a lot of people forget that just like us humans, it also enjoys havinga nice clean!
So, what do we have to do to ensure that our wonderful hard working machine gets to feel just like we do after a nice clean shower or bath?
- Well, just like many other kinds ofjobs, it’s not too difficult at all really, with the simplest method being to pour two cups (470 ml) of vinegar or lemon juice into the machine when it is empty.
- Next, run the washing machine empty, and on its hottest temperature gauge setting.
This will get rid of any build-up of grimeand undesirable odours that have invaded your lovely machine.
- An important tiptoremember is to grab hold of a clean cloth or a small,sturdy bristled brush and wipe or scrub around the side of the door, (for you out there with a front-loading machine), or around the rim at the top of the door, (for you with a top-loading one).
- Moisture can build up at such places and cause unwanted mould and mildew to appear.
- You can also try wiping some bleach to make certain that all mould and mildew has been eradicated when cleaning your washing machine in Leicester.
- If your machine is in need of repair, contact experts who can carry out professional repair work.
Farewell to Stains
- If therehappen to be dye stains inside of your washer, try placing inside your machine one cup (240 ml) of bleach and once again, run it empty on the highest heat setting.
- Bleach also kills any remaining mould or mildew inside of the drum.
- Remember to avoid any combination of bleach with other types of solvents or cleaners as you just might be mixing up a toxic brew.
- To fully clean out a machine, make sure to also give the built in dispensers a clean, such as the one which people use for fabric softeners.
- Rust is sometimes found in some machines, even if the machine is kept perfectly clean.
- You can purchase special cleaning products for dealing with rust at a number of home improvement shops.
- If the rust happens to be in abundance, it just might may be in need of some repair work or the machine replaced.
- Don’t forget, that after using the likes of vinegar, bleach, rust remover, or any other kind of cleaning formulas in your machine, you should now run the machine with water one more time whilst empty to clear out any residue.
Basic Cleaning Tips
- After a wash is finished and hung out, leaving the door open.
- This lets your machine dry out between washes and prevents mildew.
And, if you can don’t use fabric softener, as it builds up in the machine and makes it more difficult to clean.